Friday, December 29, 2006

Major Company Change

On a different note, at&t, inc. received approval today for the BellSouth merger. This means that Cingular and Yellowpages.com will be consolidated into the single company.

Cingular will be dropping its name in favor of the at&t brand in the upcoming months. It'll be sad to see such a well known brand like Cingular disappear. Fortunately, for its customer, this will be nothing more than a name/logo change. There are no networks to integrate or billing systems to change or phones to upgrade.

This will be the second merger that I've been through with this company and I'm excited about the prospects this holds. I think it bodes well for the future of employees of all of the companies. No doubt some changes will occur and change can be uncomfortable, but in the end, I think it will be for the better. It'll be very interesting to see what the future holds.

Well, I'm off to shoot some pool and have a good time, something I haven't done in quite a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if they are going to make me upgrade my phone again. I like Cingular but don't want to go through another merger.

Anonymous said...

This comment was submitted by a regular reader at 3:31 PM on January 1. I am posting it anonymously to ensure this user and their blog is free from harassment. Thanks, Anthony

Wishing you a wonderful New Year, best wishes, The Artist