Sunday, December 31, 2006

Tara and the Kids

Today was the first church service that I've gotten through without crying. My wife, Tara Scott or Tara Lynn Scott to Tara Ray Scott or Tara Stelly or Tara Lynn Stelly or Tara Ray Stelly or Tara Ray or Tara Lynn Ray was there and was absolutely beautiful as she always is. She sat on the other end of the same row that I was on but didn't say a word to me. I would love to have gone over and to have told her hi and wished her a Happy New Year, but I'm afraid that wouldn't have be welcomed right now.

Timothy and Job did walk over and talk with her. Scott did not want to. I think he is still upset. The last time he called to talk with their step brothers, Tara did not answer her phone. He called back and left a message and she never had them call back. It was days later that I was served with a petition for a protective order and so I've not let him try since. Of course the protective order was dismissed because there was insufficient grounds, but she's not indicated that it would be okay for me or for the kids to call.

I'm not sure what she told the children, but since we left the service, Job has asked three times if he could call and talk to their step-brothers. I really wish that he could, but the situation is so hostile right now that I fear if I even try and call to ask her if it will be okay, she would call the police and claim I'm harassing her.

Anyway, this morning was a very powerful service. God revealed something to me this morning (about me) that really made me feel bad and will be the beginning of some more positive changes in my life. I have some writing to do for my other blogs and I'll return later to post in more detail on the church service this morning. I'm also waiting to hear from my friend at work. Her mom is in town from Costa Rica and she mentioned to me last night that she would like me to meet her mom.

0 comments: