Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Another Day, Off To A Great Start

Today is turning out to be much like yesterday. I got up early this morning and began looking through my list of things to do. I also added a few new items to the list.

I spent a little time inquiring about apartments around town. I am already on several waiting lists, but figured it can't hurt to get my name on more of them. I'm changing my sights somewhat and looking at some nicer apartments on the south side of town.

I also made a call to Harley Davidson of Baton Rouge and got information on their New Riders Education course. It will probably be a month or two before I schedule the course, but I want to take it so I can get my motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license. Later in the year, once I get re-established, I'm going to buy a motor cycle, something I've been threatening to do for a long time.

Overall, this morning went well and I'm in fairly good spirits. The only difficult moment I had was when my oldest son Scott asked when he would get to play Star Wars online with his step-brother. I had already told him before that his step-mother promised to let them play occasionally, but she has reneged on that. I'm trying my best not to portray Tara as the evil step-mother, but I'm at a loss for what to tell him. I can't really find any justification for her to take her anger against me out on her or my children. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have told him that she said he would be able to, but I had no reason to believe at that time that Tara would not keep her word.

Well, its off to work for me. I'm looking particularly forward to going out with some of my former reps for dinner and drinks this evening.

0 comments: